The tomb with a stone pyramid on top, is located next to the Russian Chapel. During road construction works in 1937, the workers came across mortal remains in the area between the Russian Chapel and the mountain hut Koča na Gozdu. The remains were moved to the tomb next to the chapel, together with the remains of the Russian victims buried in the military cemetery in Kranjska Gora. Builder Josip Slavec was then entrusted with the masonry works of the supporting walls. They also built steps leading up to the chapel and a stone pyramid with an inscription in Russian that translates as “To the Sons of Russia”.
The tomb of Russian POWs, above which stands a monument in the shape of a pyramid, is located next to the Russian Chapel. Access is possible either from Trenta or the Vršič pass, respectively, or from Kranjska Gora.
Center za obiskovalce Pot miru, Kobarid
(The Walk of Peace Visitor Centre, Kobarid)
Gregorčičeva ulica 8
+386 5 389 0167, +386 31 586 296