The Osek military cemetery lies southeast of the village of Osek, at the location called “Na Polanah” (At Polane). The cemetery was arranged by the side of a major hospital settlement. The first soldier was buried here on 23 March 1916, and the last on 27 October 1917. Between these two dates, 791 Austro-Hungarian and Italian soldiers who died in the nearby hospital and during the shelling of Šempas were buried in this cemetery. After the War the Italian authorities rearranged the cemetery and organized exhumation of mortal remains of Italian soldiers and transferred them to the charnel house at Redipuglia/Redipulja. According to the records of that time, 763 Austro-Hungarian soldiers are buried in the cemetery. The cemetery was tidied up in the 1980s. Only a few original graves and headstones have been preserved.
The military cemetery lies at the southeastern fringe of Osek. The easiest access to the cemetery is to go from Nova Gorica towards Ajdovščina. Halfway between Šempas and Črniče, the road towards Osek branches off from the main road. After a good 300 metres, a cart track branches off from the road to the right, which after a good 400 metres brings you to the military cemetery.