Buried in the cemetery are about 1600 soldiers of the onetime Austro-Hungarian Army who were killed at the Tolmin bridgehead or on the nearby battlefields. In the centre of the cemetery stands a monument with inscription tablets. The uniform headstones do not mark the actual graves. The inscription on the pediment of the entrance gate reads: “Ruhestätte der Helden von St. Luzia” – The Place of Rest for the Heroes of Sveta Lucija (now: Most na Soči).
The military cemetery Modrejce lies in a field at the fringe of the village of Modrejce. The easiest access to the military cemetery is to take the direction from Most na Soči towards Kozaršče. After crossing the Soča River at Most na Soči, go straight and after a good 350 metres turn right from the main road towards Modrejce. In the centre of the village turn right and drive straight for less than 200 metres, and at the fringe of the village the military cemetery lies.