The permanent artillery battery Ragogna Bassa is among the points of interest along the Itinerario del complesso fortificato del Monte di Ragogna footpath, located on the slope of the elevation Ragogna (512 m) above the left bank of the Tagliamento. The Italians started to fortify this hill as early as 1909, as they were aware of its strategic position and importance in the defence of the Cornino and Pinzano bridges.
From the permanent gun positions of Ragogna Bassa, the Italian Army controlled the crossing over the Tagliamento in the area of Pinzano Bridge. Emplaced here were guns of 149-mm calibre, while an ammo depot and a shelter were located underground. Not far from here, a rainwater reservoir was also arranged.
From Ragogna, continue to San Pietro. Follow the signposts for the castle. At the fork, keep to the right and ascend the slope of the hill to the second and last bend, from where the path to the artillery position begins.