In the presence of Victor Emmanuel III, King of Italy, a monument (Obelisk of Victory) was unveiled on the hill of Markov hrib on 8 August 1922, together with a chapel dedicated to Saint Mark. The obelisk was erected in honour of the fallen Italian soldiers, and engraved in it were the names of the Italian military formations that took part in the fights for Gorizia/Gorica. After World War II, in 1948, the monument was blown up by young communists from the Gorizia grammar school, based at the time in Šempeter pri Gorici. It is interesting that as early as 1949, a reduced copy of this monument was unveiled at Gorizia Castle (Italy).
Šempeter pri Gorici‒Markov hrib‒Kemperšče–Šempeter pri Gorici 2 hrs
Šempeter pri Gorici‒Markov hrib‒Stara Gora‒Rožna Dolina‒Šempeter pri Gorici 2 hrs