Italian Chapel

Hiking Biking Researchers
Easy | 20 min.

At the edge of the field in the west part of the village Ladra stands an Italian military chapel, designed by the architect Giovanni Michelucci. It was consecrated on 30 May 1917 and served outdoor religious ceremonies. The chapel is made of worked stone. The south and the north walls have Gothic-styled windows. Attached to the southeast corner is a pulpit.

Photos: (1) Tanja Gorjan, Fundacija Poti miru; (2) Jernej Bric, Fundacija Poti miru; (3) Archive of Mitja Juren

Access and useful info

Access

If you are coming from the direction of Kobarid, turn right before the bridge over Ročica stream. Park by the stream opposite the car repair shop. The chapel is located right above it.

Information

Center za obiskovalce Pot miru, Kobarid
(The Walk of Peace Visitor Centre, Kobarid)
Gregorčičeva ulica 8
SI–5222 Kobarid
+386 5 389 0167, +386 31 586 296
turizem@potmiru.si, info@thewalkofpeace.com
www.thewalkofpeace.com

Hiking Biking Researchers
Easy | 20 min.

Duration

20 min.

GPS coordinates

46.237127, 13.604253

Altitude

216 m

Best time of year

January‒December

Equipment

Trekking footwear

Promotional materials

Interreg